Temperatures in February should start to rise but the risk of frost or even snow. Keep protecting those vulnerable plants by wrapping them in garden fleece. Carry on turning over beds and removing weeds but it's best done when there is no frost.
Our Top 5 Tips for February
- For summer colour plant bare root roses in a sunny position
- Prune deciduous trees and shrubs of dead diseased and damaged wood.
- Prune Wisteria (cut all stems coming off the main framework to 2 or 3 buds of the previous years.
- Look for Hellebore leaf spot and remove any leaves that are affected
- Plant Lilies and Allium Bulbs in a sunny position